We LOVE swimming here at Pickle Planet (Fun Fact: Mama & Papa Pickle bonded over both being teenage lifeguards back in the ’90s!) & we LOVE that there are so many options for indoor & outdoor swimming pools in the Greater Moncton Area!
We try our best to keep this post updated (last update was September 2023), but please always click through to the source and double check for any facility cancellations, etc. For information on public beaches, check out Tourism New Brunswick’s website: www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/beaches
Also, this list does not include all the hotels that may offer pay-to-swim options, as we find these shift a fair bit. However, if you run a hotel that would like to list details, let us know & we’ll include it.
You can find the latest swimming details from the YMCA on their schedules page.
While YMCA Members have several options for swimming, there are also times anyone can access the fabulous pools a the YMCA. There are three pools: a therapy pool, a main pool, and a wading pool that’s perfect for little ones!
Currently, the public can swim at the Greater Moncton YMCA:
- Saturdays: 6:30-7:45pm
- Sundays: 1:30-3pm
- All public swims are free for YMCA members
- Sunday public swim (sponsored by the City of Moncton) is just $3 for non-members
- Must wear a bathing cap
- Non-members aged 18 and over must bring a valid government-issued photo ID
- Youth 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the Y’s Aquatic Facility
The North End YMCA doesn’t have a pool, but it does have an amazing indoor splash pad & play area that’s open daily! Cost is $5 (and totally worth it, in our experience!); it’s available for group bookings & birthday parties, as well.
- Mondays – 8am-7:45pm
- Tuesdays – 8am – 2:30pm & 4:30-7:45pm
- Wednesdays – 8-10am & 11:30am-7:45pm
- Thursdays – 8am – 2:30pm & 4:30-7:45pm
- Fridays – 8am-7:45pm
- Saturdays – 8:30-10:45am, 12:15-2:15pm, & 3:45-4:45pm
- Sundays – 8:30-10:45am, 12:15-2:15pm, & 3:45-4:45pm
Riverview Pat Crossman Memorial Aquatic Centre
- Mondays – Fridays Social Swims: 10:20-11:20am
- Thursday pre-school swim: 9:15-10:15am
- Saturday Open Swim: 1:35-2:35pm & 2:40-3:35pm
- Child: $3.50
- Student: $3.50
- Adult (18-59): $5.25
- Senior (60+): $3.25
- Family $3pp
- Monthly rates available
- Must wear a bathing cap; caps & goggles for sale on site
Dieppe Aquatic Centre
If you haven’t taken the kids in your life to the Dieppe Aquatic Centre yet, we suggest you make a plan soon! There’s a large pool that often has fun inflatable obstacles to enjoy, while the smaller pool has a sloped entry that ideal with littles, a pirate ship with a slide and water cannon, and a slide! Find their online schedule here.
- Tuesdays: Preschool swim 10-11:25am, Sensory swim 4:30-5:25pm, Recreational swim 5:30-6:55pm
- Thursdays: Preschool swim 10-11:25am & Recreational swim 5:30-6:55pm
- Fridays: Preschool swim 10-11:25am
- Saturdays: 3:15-4:55pm & 6-7:55pm (both with wibit)
- Sundays: 3:15-4:55pm (with wibit)
- Bathing caps are optional. Long hair must be tied back.
- Adult $10
- 50+/student $8
- Child (under 12 years old) $5
- Child (under 24 months) FREE
- Family (2 adults and children) $20
CEPS at Universite de Moncton
CEPS at UdM offers public swimming on Saturdays and Sundays, 3-4:25pm. The cost is $3 on Saturday thanks to the City of Moncton, and $4 for children & $12 for adults on Sunday.
OUTDOOR POOLS IN GREATER MONCTON
Outdoor pools are generally open mid- to late-June until late-August/early-September. You can find more information about those on our Guide to Splash Pads in the GMA, but here are some basic details:
- Riverview’s Lion Ken Gabbey Community Pool is located at 1 Killarney Road, with a large playground, ballfield, and plenty of parking.
- Salisbury‘s Lions Club Pool is located at 63 Peter Street; it has a playground and lots of parking.
- Petitcodiac‘s community pool is found at 23 Corey Ave and can be reached at 506-756-3127.
- Hillsborough’s heated outdoor public swimming pool is next to the village’s skate park and elementary school playground; it’s located at 7 School Lane and can be reached by phone at 506-734-3702.
- The City of Moncton operates the East End pool at 35 Fergus Street and the Centennial Park pool at 811 St George Blvd.
And if you’re up for spending money on the ultimate local splash experience, head to Magic Mountain. Even little ones can enjoy several features at the water park, including four slides at the Puddle Jumpers Pond, and a splash pad pirate ship, lighthouse, and whale.
Happy swimming, everyone!