Where do foodies go to eat in New Brunswick? Tune in to find out!
Hub City Foodies‘ Jason Gallant is all about celebrating local, incredible eats – and this summer, he took his passion on the road. Jason, his wife, and their daughters piled in their camper and went on an epic two-week, 1,700 kilometre food journey around New Brunswick, stopping dozens of markets, restaurants, distilleries and breweries along the way. You can find more on his social channels, but here are a few highlights he shares on Episode Six of the #StaycationSummer Series:
- Who could resist a hamburger with a donut for a bun? Jason says he stopped at King West Brewing & RustiCo for their microbrew, but their menu is worth the visit alone! Also on site; an awesome wood-fired oven for mouth-watering pizza.
- A New Brunswick must-visit for Jason is Kingsbrae Garden, where Chef Alex Huan has grown up on the grounds and picks his ingredients daily for the dishes at Savour In The Garden & The Garden Cafe.
- A stop at Ovens Head Smoked Salmon is also highly recommended – especially if you can whip up incredible campground meals like Jason!
- Nowhere quite compares to La Terrasse a Steve, as you enter Miscou Island. You can sink your feet in the sand while you enjoy scallop burgers (Jenna’s recommendation for a must try!), shrimp in their shells, and so much lobster you’ll have a hard time choosing. Pro tip: nothing here is fried, so don’t promise your kids french fries – but they might be suitably impressed with the foot-long hot dogs with cheese!
- On the non-food highlight reel, Jason gives a shout out to the Sussex Bluffs, incredible views you just have to see, and Yogi Bear Campground in Woodstock. A tour of Covered Bridge Chips factory is also a must in this area!
The #StaycationSummer podcast series is a co-production of Pickle Planet Moncton and The Podcast Hub. We’re helping New Brunswick families find fantastic things to do right here at home this summer – and we want you to be part of the fun. Don’t forget to listen to our previous Staycation episodes – we’ve explored Sussex, the Fundy Region, Fredericton, Miramichi, Bathurst, Saint John, and Campobello Island and have more great guests ready to share travel tips, restaurant recommendations, hidden gems and must-see spots in their hometowns.
Thanks to Claudine’s Eatery in Fredericton for sponsoring this episode; be sure to check them out for comfort food like no other – lobster rolls on homemade buns, amazing eggs benny, Caesers with deep fried dill pickles, lobster and more – there’s something for everyone at Claudine’s. We love that this restaurant is run by a mother-daughter duo, too!
The Jenna & Tosh Show is a co-production of Pickle Planet Moncton and The Podcast Hub, and is recorded & aired by Rogers TV New Brunswick. We’ve recorded more than 100 episodes; check out the archive here.