Welcome to the last weekend in March! I don’t know about you, but it’s flown by in a crazy time warp over here – one that’s had me running a day or two late with this round up almost every week this month. Here’s hoping for an April that’s back on schedule!
Enough about me, let’s talk about you & what you’re getting up to this weekend!
Haven’t made it to a maple sugar camp yet? Don’t let the season slip by!
- Renton Brothers Family Sugarbush is open to the public Saturday & Sunday. Such a lovely spot!
- Trites Maples (4th camp with the green metal roof, about a 15-minute walk from where you park at 1270 Gorge Road) has a pancake breakfast on Saturday starting at 8am. Open Sunday for visits, too!
- Château Scoudouc is open 10am-4pm with taffy on the snow, maple coffee and cappuccino, and walking trails.
- White’s Maple in Shenstone (outside Hillsborough) hosts a pancake breakfast Saturdays & Sundays from 8am – noon. The site is wheelchair accessible, with maple products for sale and maple taffy for $2/stick. Tours available, too; reach out to book yours.
- Not quite a maple camp, but the Coverdale Masonic Temple is holding a pancake breakfast this Saturday, $10/adult & $5/kids.
And make plans for Riverview’s annual Maple Sugar Festival taking place next weekend! There are lots of fun activities planned, but some require pre-registration, so check out the schedule now. We suggest checking out All the Pretties amazing workshop where you can make your maple leaf necklace! Just $10/person, ages 10+.
Here are some more events happening this weekend:
The Moncton Boat Show is on at the Coliseum this weekend.
Poley Mountain is still open; check their site for daily updates on how many runs are operating. Their annual end of season Slush Cup is happening next Sunday!
Dieppe’s AJL arena has preschool skating this Friday 9:30-10:30am. The Town of Sackville has a free parent & tot skate from 10:15-11:15am & at lunch (noon to 1:30pm). Hillsborough public skate is on Friday night, 8:15-9:15pm. Cost is $2/person or $5/family. Riverview’s parent & tot skating is free from 1:30-2:30pm, and skating for those 12 & under from 4-5:15pm.
You can also drop in to try chess at the Moncton Public Library, 10am-noon.
There were a few farm visits available to book with Beloved Miniature Horses when we checked on Thurday!
The Starving Artist Cafe is hosting a Beginner Watercolour Painting Class on Saturday. Ages 14+ welcome, $60.
The Moncton Wildcats host the Cape Breton Eagles on Saturday afternoon. It’s the last regular game of the season so its fan appreciation day! Expect lots of giveaways, prizes, bouncy castles, face painting, and more! 4pm start time for the game.
The Millennium Dance Festival is being held at the Capitol Theatre Saturday & Sunday.
Sunday is sure to be filled with incredible fun and learning with the Ukrainian Easter Bazaar! There will be various events happening from 11am-5pm at 22 Church Street in Moncton, with a Pysanka (Ukrainian Easter Egg) workshop, a Petrykivka (Ukrainian decorative art form that features bright floral and plant designs) workshop, amazing food (pierogi, borscht, garlic bread, Paska, Salo & more), music, and goods for sale. All proceeds go to purchasing tactical medical supplies for Ukrainian soldiers. There is an additional fee for workshops; general admission is by suggested donation of $5/person.
There are lots of upcoming Easter events; we’ll have a special round up posted next week!
Sunday is Discovery Lab day at Resurgo Place & this week it’s Marine Sciences with Ingenium. (Included with admission.)
ONGOING ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES
A great option any day!
- FitRocks Climbing Gym
- Hop Skip Jump
- Marco’s Clinic
- Bowlarama (with an awesome arcade)
- Holy Moly (with retro arcade games)
- Fairlanes (with Glow Bowling nights!)
- Riverview Indoor Skatepark & Riverview Youth Centre
- indoor splash pad at YMCA Moncton North (open to the public Saturdays & Sundays, 8:30-10:45am, 12:15-2:15pm, & 3:45-4:45pm)
- the pirate ship & sloped entry at the Dieppe Aquatic Centre (public swims on Saturday 3-4:55pm & 6-7:55pm & Sunday 3-4:55pm)
- the warm kiddie pool at the YMCA Greater Moncton (public swims Saturdays 6-7:70pm & Sundays 1:30-3pm)
- open swims at Riverview’s Pat Crossman Aquatic Centre on Saturdays from 1:30-2:25pm & 2:30-3:30pm.
- DIY Studio
- Room Escape Atlantic (their site shows a few non-scary, kid-friendly options)
- Mystery Moncton Mystere (for the teens & up)
- Cineplex has a few PG & G options playing this weekend, including Mummies, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, & the new Shazam.
- Doiron House, celebrating Acadian community life in Dieppe, is open Saturdays & Sundays.
- Off Grid Adventure in Anagance for an awesome adventure course & their new indoor climbing walls
- Bass Pro’s 12,000-gallon freshwater aquarium with striped bass, Atlantic sturgeon, trout, perch, and more is fun to visit.
- Boyle Family Farm
- Broadleaf Ranch
- Llamazing Adventures
Last week I did a shout out to the parents with infants & toddlers, this week it’s a nod to those planning a wedding! Check out this week’s podcast for a fun chat with Krysta from Mountain Rose Lodge (a great venue options just minutes from the North End of Moncton) all about the upcoming Eat, Drink, & Be Married vendor show coming up April 14. You can listen to the show here or watch us on RogersTV website or YouTube.
And speaking of what’s coming up & the podcast, Tosh & I are about to record our 200th episode!! We’re turning the tables & inviting a mutual friend & fellow female broadcaster to interview us for this milestone – so if you have any questions you’d love answered, drop us a note & they might just make it into the show!
Are you a lactating parent in NB? Have asked for help from a Horizon Health facility? There’s a short survey you’re encouraged to fill out to help researchers better understand & then improve breastfeeding/chestfeeding access & care in this province. Find the details at Breastfeeding Support and Education.
With Spring officially here & the warmer weather sure to follow soon, a reminder to check out the Playground Profiles to find your next favourite place to play with the kids! I’m hoping to get some new profiles up soon, but there are more than 40 photo-filled posts ready for you right now.
Date Night alert! Resident Aliens is an incredibly sounding play that weaves together the stories of Vivian Larsen, a woman who travelled from Moncton to Hollywood by horse-drawn wagon in the 1950s, and a young gay boy growing up in Shediac. You have two chances to see it at the Empress Theatre in Moncton, March 29 & 30.