Welcome to November, everyone! We hope you had a fantastic Halloween & are prepped for the winter ahead – and if you’re not, we suggest this weekend might be a great time to check the boots, hats, & mitts stash, sharpen the skates, & start finding all those things you tucked away after last Christmas season! 🙂
The Capitol Theatre’s schedule is packed with awesome events; there are several shows this weekend the older kids might like – or maybe you can sneak out for an adults’ night! Comedy shows, big name musicians, country cover shows – there’s a bit of everything!
We always enjoy a visit to Resurgo Place, but it’s even better in November – when you can visit your local library to ‘check out’ a one day pass for free!
We’re big fans of Bell’s Blacksmithing, who we usually see at the Moncton Highland Games in June, & we’re thrilled to see they’ll be at the awesome Harvey Hall this Saturday for a special demonstration. Cost is $10/person (kids free); session begins at 11am. Make a full day of it & grab tickets to the evening concert happening with Kylie Fox and Marian.
Saturday is Community Day at Cineplex; they’re offering FREE movies (select titles & times) & $2.50 concessions.
- Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile at Dieppe @ 10am & Trinity @ 10:20am
- Hotel Transylvania at Dieppe @ 10:30am & Trinity @ 10:30am
- Jumanji: The Next Level at Dieppe @ 10am & Trinity @ 10:10am
- Angry Birds 2 at Dieppe @ 10:20am & Trinity @ 10:20am
Ren’s Pets is holding a piggie adoption party on Saturday & doing nail trims for a donation!
MARKETS & MORE!
Holiday shopping season is in full swing! We’ll try to share local markets each weekend; here’s what we found for the first weekend in November.
- Havelock School is hosting an early Christmas fair on Friday night, 5-9pm.
- The annual Magnetic Hill Home & School Association’s Christmas Tea & Craft Fair is happening Saturday, 9am-1pm. Admission for the tea is $7 for adults, $4 for children ages two to 12. To attend just the fair, admission is $2 for adults and free for children.
- Birchmount School’s craft fair is taking place Saturday, 10am-2pm. Entry is $2 (12 & under free).
- There’s a holiday craft fair at the Pine Glen Community Centre on Saturday, 9am – 2pm.
- The Mom Market is hosting Sleigh the Holidays at Mapleton Lodge Park on Saturday, 10am – 2pm.
- Our friends at Off the Wall Eyewear Emporium are celebrating their 6th anniversary with some awesome deals & giveaways!
INDOOR SKATING TIMES
You can find all the details for skating throughout the week on our Guide to Ice Skating in Greater Moncton, but here’s what you need to know this weekend (these times are free unless otherwise noted):
- ⛸️ Shediac 9-10:30am
- ⛸️ Dieppe AJL preschoolers with sticks, 9:30-10:30am
- ⛸️ Superior Propane Centre parent & tot 10-11am
- ⛸️ Sackville Parent & Tot 10:15-11:15am
- ⛸️ Hillsborough public skating 8:15-9:15pm ($2/person or $5/family)
- ⛸️ Crossman Community Centre Kay Arena parent & tot 10:15-11:15am
- ⛸️ Riverview parent & tot 1:30-2:30pm
- ⛸️ Crossman Community Centre Kay Arena 3:30pm-4:30pm
- ⛸️ Riverview 12 & under, 4-5:15pm
- ⛸️ Moncton Coliseum parent & tot 9:30-10:30am ($2)
- ⛸️Hillsborough public skating 2-3pm & 8-9pm ($2/person or $5/family)
- ⛸️ Crossman Community Centre Kay Arena 2:30-4pm ($2)
- ⛸️ Moncton Coliseum 3:45-5:15pm ($2)
- ⛸️ Riverview 3:45-5pm
- ⛸️ Dieppe’s AJL 6:15-7:15pm
- ⛸️ Superior Propane Centre parent & tots 9:45-10:45am ($2)
- ⛸️ Dieppe’s UNIplex 11:45am-12:45pm
- ⛸️ Superior Propane Centre 11:45am-12:45pm ($2)
- ⛸️ Memramcook Eugene Leblanc Arena 11:45am-12:45pm
- ⛸️ Dieppe’s AJL 1-2pm
- ⛸️ Petitcodiac 1pm-2:30pm ($2/skater, free for ages five & under)
- ⛸️ Crossman Community Centre Kay Arena 2:30-4pm ($2)
- ⛸️Hillsborough family skating 2:15-3:15pm ($2/person or $5/family)
- ⛸️ Sackville 2:30-3:30pm ($8/family, or $3/adult & $2/senior or child under 12)
- ⛸️ Riverview public 2:30-4pm
- ⛸️ Shediac 5:30-6:30pm
For more on weekday options, check out our Skating Guide!
Here’s our trusty list of places you might want to check out with the family anytime!
- Resurgo Place’s new temporary exhibit is open – and it includes a full dinosaur & a Picasso! The museum is always a hands-on hit with our kids, but I know the dino will tip the scales for so many!!
- Llamazing Adventures still had weekend spots available when we checked!
- Wanna test your adventure skills outdoors? Check out Off Grid Adventure in Anagance!
- Magnetic Hill Zoo is currently open five days a week, 10am-4pm (closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays).
- Add a little neon flair to your weekend with Glow Zone nights Friday & Saturday at SkyZone. Lasers, black lights, fog machines & more! All ages welcome, wear white or florescent colours, 7-10pm.
- Looking for something geared just to littles? Hop Skip Jump is the place to check out.
- The City of Moncton hosts two public swims each weekend: Saturdays 3-4:35pm at the University of Moncton’s CEPS ($3 admission), and Sundays 1:303pm at the YMCA ($3 admission).
- You might also want to check out swimming at the Riverview Aquatic Centre (open swim on Saturdays at 1:35 & 2:40) & the Dieppe Aquatic Centre (public swims on Saturday at 3:15pm & 6pm, Sunday at 3:15pm), or check out the indoor splash pad at the North End YMCA.
- Add a little learning fun to the weekend with a trip to Shediac’s Homarus Centre, open Saturdays.
- We’re always a fan of visiting the library – whether there’s special programming or just to drop in & explore!
- Another family favourite is hitting the bowling alley or arcade. Go retro vibes with Holy Moly in Riverview, check out glow bowling times at Fairlanes in Moncton, or head to Bowlarama & its awesome arcade in Dieppe.
- Want to move as a family? Try a visit to FitRocks Climbing Gym, Marco’s Clinic (laser tag), or the Riverview Indoor Skatepark & Riverview Youth Centre.
- Creative mood? Try DIY Studio to paint your own pottery! They usually have lots of holiday themed pieces – now’s a great time to start thinking ahead for holiday gifts, too!
- Up for a challenge? Room Escape Atlantic usually has a few non-scary, kid-friendly options & Mystery Moncton Mystere is great for the teens & up. There are also online options you can purchase to play on your own time!
Looking for some weekday drop-in fun for kids in Dieppe? Check out the schedule for the BGC!
Next Saturday is November 11, Remembrance Day. We’ll update our list of services during the week, but here’s what we know now:
The Town of Riverview hosts a service at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church (5 Fatima Drive) on Saturday, starting at 10:50am. Veterans line up at Dan Bohan Centre, then march into the church alongside fire & police, cadets, & more.
Home Depot’s kids’ workshops have been filling up so fast, we often don’t even get a chance to share with you! But when we checked Thursday, they were showing open spots for November 25th’s workshop to build a penguin ornament! The session is 10am-noon, free.