HOW TO MAKE TOMORROW A SNOW DAY
It’s the night before the first potential real Snow Day at our house. There is much excitement; visions of hot chocolate and cartoon over indulgence run deep. The pleas begin. “But how can we make sure it will snow?!”
Here’s the list of tried-and-true Snow Day tricks our friends share.
- Wear your pyjamas inside out. No one seems to know why, but this is tops on everyone’s list.
- Put a spoon (represents a shovel) under your pillow.
- Put a penny under there, too. Again, not sure why. Really want to make it snow? Add a white crayon that you stuck in the freezer for an hour first.
- Dance inside and outside in those inside-out PJs. The Snow Dance is also a must-do.
- Put ice in the toilet. Cubes, not crushed. Some say one for each foot of snow you wish to see.
My sure-fire tricks? Be out of wine, have the lunches made, and a to-do list a mile long for the next morning, including getting winter tires put on the van.
What are the go-to traditions in your house to bring on the snow? We’d love to hear them!