Whether your summer campfires are being rained out, you’re looking to beat the winter blahs, or you just don’t want to wait for the embers to enjoy a fireside treat, this is what you need. S’mores without the sticks!
HOW TO MAKE AN AWESOME S’MORES DIP
- marshmallows (big or small, though I love seeing the huge puffs of yumminess expanding)
- chocolate (a bag of chocolate chips, some bars, even chocolate sauce would likely do in a pinch)
- graham crackers (for dipping)
- oven-safe pan
- Fill the bottom of the pan with chocolate chips.
- Place the marshmallows on top.
- Warm in the oven, until marshmallows are golden on top. (Try setting the oven at 300F & toasting for about 12 minutes.)
What I really love about this recipe is how simple it can be, but still with so much room for experimentation!
My first attempt I kept simple. Rubbed some butter on the bottom of the pan, sprinkled in a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and topped it off with almost a full bag of large marshmallows. Ten minutes or so in the oven and all was magical.
Friends were over for a campfire, but who wants to wait for proper embers to have a yummy treat? I brought this dish out with a packet of graham crackers for dipping and it was the hit of the night. (Well, maybe the margaritas were a bigger hit, I’m not sure. Let’s call it a tie.)
Later I made this for my family. I added dollops of peanut butter and Nutella to the chocolate chip mix, as well as some chopped up banana. We were definitely not disappointed!
I’m thinking caramel-filled chocolate bars may be the next version. What would you add? I’d love to know what yummy ingredients you choose!